Here’s my run down of my favourite records of 2012 – Feel free to tell me why I’m wrong, and submit your own best of’s…
1. runWALK! – “Health” (Holy Roar)
2. Japandroids – “Celebration Rock” (Poly Vinyl)
3. You Slut! – “Medium Bastard” (Stressed Sumo)
4. Tall Ships – “Everything Touching” (Big Scary Monsters)
5. Maps & Atlases – “Beware And Be Grateful” (Fat Cat)
6. Hysterical Injury – “Dead Wolf Situation” (Self release)
7. Jim Lockey & The Solemn Sun – “Death” (Xtra Mile)
8. Future Of The Left – “The Plot Against Common Sense” (Xtra Mile)
9. Straight Lines – “Freaks Like Us” (Xtra Mile)
10. She Makes War – “Little Battles” (Self release)
I have to add into this list, the fact that I loved the, Fighting With Wire, Hold Your Horse Is, Minus The Bear and Retrospective Soundtrack Players records too!
EP’s of 2012…
1. Little Leagues – “A Problem Solved” (Self release)
2. Decade – “Decade” (Self release)
3. Gnarwolves – “Cru” (Big Scary Monsters)
4. The Naturals – “Concrete Sea” (Howling Owl)
5. Russian Blue – “Etiquette (Self release)
Favourite Gig Of The Year
1. Frank Turner @ Wembley Arena – April
So there you have it, I could go on, like all of us with various lists, but it would be tedious. Except to say, well done to all the local bands who produced great EP’s (Salute The Magpie, Nathan Detroit, Homeland etc) to all the great shows (All of yours Abe) and a huge thank you to all of the touring bands who came and made Devizes a slightly better place.
Next year already looks rad, with new records from Thought-Forms and Ben Marwood (I’ve heard them both, and they’re both corkers!). I have some great gigs lined up, including Josie Ghost (The King Blues) so keep your eyes peeled on this here web-blog.
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR COMING TO THE GIGS AND VOTING WITH YOUR FEET – IT MEANS EVERYTHING.